Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MOM & BIG-MOMMA-IZZIMS


LIFE & MOM-QUOTES
When I was a kid I was always told by my mother that “Birds of a feather flock together”! I always walked away wondering “what the hell does that mean and why does she keep telling me that every time one of my friends comes around”?lol Regardless of how her words perplexed me, she always held my hand and guided me through all the rough patches, whether it be verbally, physically or emotionally.
Labour Party Announces Commitment To Family Welfare
Now as an adult, older, wiser and way more tolerant to mature wisdom i realize that I have a friend now that fits this mold to a “T”, whatever that means. He and I used to hang out and visit each other’s homes and our children would play together for the past four to five years. Now recently, this friend has been in contact with a childhood friend of his and they have really been hanging tightly. A year ago the friend was implicated in a very serious crime and whom else does he implicate than this friend that we have in common. The friend had no idea what the situation was about, when it occurred and why his friend would bring him into it. After being picked up and questioned by local police, jailed, bonded out, indicted and finally receiving the benefit of the doubt from the prosecutor had his matters dismissed. During the interim because of the nature of the charges and the length of them being pending in the court system this friend lost a well paying job, friends in the community that abandoned him and most of all his wife and family.  I stuck by him because I had a gut feeling that he couldn’t have actually done what he was accused of. After talking for a while and getting the skinny on the whole ordeal he finally broke down and explained that he had nothing to do with it and was sick that he had lost all that he had because of his friend.  I then had to drop the famous line from my Mom on him….Birds of a feather….he perked up and said that his Mom used to say the same thing to him and he never understood until this moment now. Are there any other “Mom & Big-Momma-Izzizms” that you have never understood until life presented it to you? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment