Thursday, February 3, 2011

Greek Mythology Myth or True Love Story



You know, in my limited past with stories and classes involving Greek Gods and the their omnipotent power I have not been much of a fan or believer. I recently had the pleasure of reading The Speech of Aristophanes and the act of Zeus splitting bodies from two headed four legged creatures to what we see in form now. The resigning behind that was so that the split forms would want to be re-matched with the other-half and live happily ever after. I disagreed the first few times that I read it but then after reading, highlighting and then reading a few more times I then started to REALLY feel the story and what the meat and potatoes of it were. What a beautiful story it is that the forms were split and then long for each other until they and reunited again so as to fit all of the old cliches of "being whole again", "completing me" or being back with their "better or other-half". I loved the story and although many in the discussion didn't agree with my perception I think it's because some of them are younger and just haven't rationalized the thought of how good it feels to be with omen that is TRUELY your other half. I don't mean that you walk around for life in a daze trying to find your other half feeling incomplete because thats just not realistic. We all are individuals and thus have our own dreams and desires but in the long run, those dreams and desires feel a helluva lot more enjoyable when you are able to share them with someone you love, someone that loves you back and someone that you can build and share a great life with when the both of you have learned how To Love and escalated your thinking to the top of Loves Ladder.

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/sym.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment